Udaipur is known for its beautiful lakes and historical palaces. Because of its scenic beauty and royal heritage, it has become one of the most popular destination for weddings in India.
Udaipur has wedding venues for every kind of budgets. Some hotels are finest and most luxurious hotels in India and they are perfect wedding venues for a grand destination wedding.
Let’s find out how you can plan a luxurious wedding in Udaipur.
● Choosing a venue
You can choose one of the luxury hotels as wedding venue for a grand destination wedding. Some of these hotels were royal palaces that were converted into hotels.
- Oberoi Udaivilas – Udaivilas is one the finest and most expensive hotels in India. The cost of destination wedding in Udaipur varies between Rs. 1.5 crore to Rs. 3.5 crore. Udaivilas has hosted high profile weddings in recent past. It is one of the best wedding venue for you if you are planning a luxurious wedding.
- Jagmandir – This royal palace was converted in a luxury hotel which is managed by HRH group. It is located on an island in middle of a lake and considered as one of the most exclusive wedding venue in Udaipur.
Jagmandir can be rented for organizing main wedding ceremony and wedding reception. The total cost of organizing wedding ceremony at Jagmandir along with reception dinner is around Rs. 36 lakhs for 150 guests. This price also includes applicable taxes.
You must arrange the accommodation for guests at other hotels if you are planning to rent Jagmandir for your wedding.
- Taj Lake Palace – Lake palace is also situated on an island in Lake Pichola. This 5 star hotel is ideal for small weddings with up to 60 guest. Your total expenses would be Rs. 60 lakhs or more for organising a 2 day wedding at Lake palace.
- City Palace – The city palace of Udaipur too offers spaces to organise weddings. You can choose from venues like Zenana mahal and Durbar hall for your wedding ceremonies. City palace is ideal place to organise a royal wedding.
- The Leela – The Leela is situated on bank of lake Pichola. It has large number of rooms and it offers spaces for wedding ceremonies too. You may also choose to book The Leela for accommodation and wedding ceremonies like Mehendi and Sangeet if you are organising main wedding ceremony at Jagmandir.
If your budget is Rs. 70 lakhs or more then The Leela, Udaipur is good choice for you.
- Devigarh – Devigarh is a hilltop fort palace which was royal residence of rulers of Delwara. This palace has been restored and converted into a luxury hotel. Devigarh has become famous as many celebrities from hollywood and bollywood have visited this luxury hotel in recent years.
Devigarh is a good choice if you have 150 or more guests and you are willing to book large number of rooms.
● Choosing vendors
You will require quite a few services other than wedding venue and catering to organise a destination wedding. Let’s see what are the essential services that you will require:
- Wedding Decor – You must choose an experienced destination wedding planner for providing wedding decoration services. There are many reputed wedding planners in Udaipur who have organised weddings at above mentioned venues.
- Hospitality – To ensure that all ceremonies are organised well and provide assistance to your family & guests you must ask your wedding planner to provide an expert team for managing hospitality services.
- Photography – If you are getting married at best hotels in India you will also want to have best photographers to capture your special moments. The best photographers from major cities like Mumbai and New Delhi are often hired for destinatination weddings in Udaipur.
- Make up and Mehendi artists – There are quite a few reputed make up artists and saloons in Udaipur. However, it is not uncommon to call make up artists from cities like Jaipur, Delhi and Mumbai for weddings in Udaipur.
● Travel & Transportation
Udaipur is well connected by flights, trains and road from Delhi and Mumbai. It is also very close to Gujarat. Your wedding planner can help you to arrange airport transfers and make arrangements for local transport.